The University of Louisiana at Monroe is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctorate degrees.
The Commission is to be contacted only if there is evidence that appears to support
an institution's significant non-compliance with a requirement or standard. The Commission
may be contacted at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097 or by calling 404-679-4500.
Please direct all general accreditation questions to the University of Louisiana Monroe,
Office of Academic Affairs, 700 University Avenue, Monroe, LA 71209 or 318-342-1025.
Many of ULM's colleges, schools, departments and programs which make up the university
are accredited by specialized or professional accrediting agencies.
- the Accounting program is accredited by AACSB International, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- the Aviation program is accredited by the Aviation Accreditation Board International.
- Business programs in the College of Business and Social Sciences are accredited by AACSB International, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- the Department of Chemistry is accredited by the American Chemical Society.
- the Department of Communications is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication.
- the Computer Science program in the College of Business and Social Sciences is accredited by the Computer Accreditation Commission of the Computing Sciences Accrediting Board for
Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- the School of Construction Management is accredited by the American Council for Construction Education.
- the Dental Hygiene curriculum is accredited by the Commission on Dental Education of the American Dental Association.
- the Marriage and Family Therapy Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education.
- the Kitty DeGree School of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, N.W., Suite 530, Washington, D.C., 20036-1120.
- the Occupational Therapy curriculum is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education.
- the School of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education.
- the Radiologic Technology curriculum is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology.
- the School Counseling, Community Counseling, and Substance Abuse Counseling Programs are accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs.
- the Social Work curriculum is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- the Speech-Language Pathology Programs (formerly Communicative Disorders) is accredited by The Council on Academic Accreditation of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- the teacher-preparation programs at the bachelor, master, doctoral and specialist
degree levels are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- the University of Louisiana Monroe is a member in good standing of the National Association of Schools of Music.
The University of Louisiana Monroe also holds membership in the following professional but non-accrediting agencies: