Established in 1961, the ULM Foundation is a private non-profit organization dedicated to the growth, development and enhancement of the University of Louisiana at Monroe.
The Foundation manages various programs, including: scholarships, professorship and chair funds, alumni, fund-raising and development operations, college and departmental support, and other university-related programs.
The ULM Foundation operates as a business environment attracting, maintaining and investing private resources. It functions as a service organization to the ULM academic and student development communities by broadening the university’s base of financial support through the coordination and centralization of major fundraising and gift solicitation activities.
All monies and gifts-in-kind received into the Foundation are routed through the Chief Development Officer (Executive Director) and Chief Financial Officer for proper recording and acknowledgements. Funds are invested according to policies recommended by the Foundation Finance and Administration Committee and approved by the Board of Trustees. The funds are disbursed according to donor specification, provided there is no conflict with existing tax law and Foundation policy.
The Foundation has grown steadily in assets and in the level and range of support provided to ULM’s academic and student development programs. To date, enrichment activities provided through the Foundation’s development program have touched many areas of university life, including faculty and staff development, student recruitment, student scholarships and financial aid.
The Foundation Executive Committee and up to a 35-member board of trustees, an elected group of business and professional leaders, provide policy and budgetary leadership for the Foundation. The day-to-day management is the responsibility of the Executive Director and Foundation staff.
The ULM Foundation solicits, receives, and administers private gifts for the benefit of the University of Louisiana at Monroe, its faculty, and its students. The ULM Foundation also supports the advancement of the university by acquiring immovable property for future acquisition by ULM.
• To assist the university in attracting outstanding students by providing scholarship aid
• To provide funding to the university for the purpose of enhancing academic programs
• To assist the university in attracting and retaining high quality faculty through salary enhancements
• To sell, use, manage, lease, mortgage, or otherwise encumber immovable property for the future acquisition by the university through the state’s capital outlay budget.
• To sustain existing contribution levels
• To identify new opportunities for additional gifts
• To maximize the return on its assets
• To promote the accomplishments of the University of Louisiana at Monroe