Dean's Faculty Support Fund
The primary goal of the Dean’s Faculty Support Fund is to promote faculty scholarship
and professional activity related to innovations in teaching and learning. Faculty
are invited to submit funding proposals for projects or activities that meet these
goals. Funded activities are intended to support the mission and strategic goals of
the university, college, and program. Proposals are evaluated by the Mini Grant Review
Committee and recommendations are submitted to the Dean. The Review committee reserves
the right to accept or deny applications based on availability of funds.
Please submit forms to Karen Witek at email@example.com
Applications will be considered twice per year.
- Spring Application Deadline: November 1st(For grant period January through August)
- Fall Application Deadline: April 1st (For grant period May through December)
Must be a full-time faculty member. Funding requests should fall into one of the following
- Attendance at a workshop, institute, internship, residency, course of study or related
activity that will enhance instruction and/or develop pedagogical skills;
- Attendance at a conference to present results of funded projects or activities, and/or
the scholarship of teaching and learning;
- Cost of bringing guest faculty, speakers, or other experts to campus in order to enhance
teaching and scholarship;
- Cost of supplies, instrumentation, or apparatus to support effective, innovative instruction
and/or to enhance the learning environment for students.
There is no guarantee that additional funds will be added once this amount is dispersed.
Though there is no set minimum or maximum amount that may be requested, proposals
in the $500 to $700 range are encouraged.
How to Apply
- Complete a Dean's Faculty Support Fund Application. Refer to the evaluation criteria below and scoring rubric form when completing the
- Attach a two-page Curriculum vitae for all primary participants.
- Application should be submitted electronically to Karen Witek at firstname.lastname@example.org
Final Reporting Requirements
If your proposal is funded, you will be required to submit an Award Recipient Final Report summarizing the outcomes of your project. The report should include a complete budget
detailing your use of the funds. Reports are due one month after the grant period
- Spring Grants: October 1st (For grants funded January through August)
- Fall Grants: February 1st (For grants funded May through December)
Expenses must follow Louisiana’s Travel and Purchasing Policies. To learn more about
this, please see the Controller’s Office Website.
Evaluation of Proposals
The evaluation committee uses a Scoring Rubric to evaluate all proposals.
The following criteria will be considered by the committee when evaluating funding
- The application packet itself (refer to How to Apply above);
- The scholarly merit of the proposal and its value to the faculty member in relation to teaching and learning. The proposal must have
a clear and direct connection to teaching and learning pedagogy for the applicant’s
program, college, and university;
- Proposal quality: should be directed to the college committee; provide clear description, define and
clarify terminology unfamiliar to those outside of the field; should make the validity/significance
of the project clear; should make connections to merit, feasibility, and budget;
- The feasibility of the proposal over the projected timeline;
- Overall budget, taking into consideration any other available sources of funding.