Because we continually research and explore technology issues and best practice standards, we are ready to identify the best solutions to help you in moving forward with your teaching and research goals.
Request our Assistance
Free assistance in the conversion of course content from paper to Web-based course delivery. (request service). The website where you can request out assistance is currently down. We are working to resolve this issue. Stay tuned and we will have it up as soon as possible.
Student Technology Assistants for Research and Teaching (START) Team, an elite group of students selected and trained by the DMS, works with faculty from all disciplines across campus. Under the leadership of the START Program Coordinator, the START Team will come to your office and provide one-on-one assistance to reinforce existing skills as you create computer-based materials or navigate the technology enhanced classroom. (request service)
Here are Some Ways We Can Help
The START Team is available to assist all ULM faculty and instructors in developing technology-based course materials. Examples of materials that students can help you with include:
* PowerPoint presentations
* Online@ULM (Blackboard or Moodle) course sites
* Web-based tutorials and resources
* Digital audio, video and/or images
* Instructional PDFs
* Electronic documents that are fully accessible to those with disabilities
* SMARTBoard Training, and Practice Presentation Room
Help ULM faculty and teaching staff on all aspects of the development process for instructional technology projects. (request service)
Listed below are the types of projects we offer our services for.
- Workshops on:
- Video production
- Blogs & Wiki
- Taskstream (digital portfolio)
- Online Courses:
- Working with faculty to design, create, implement and manage online courses.
- Multimedia Projects:
- Working with faculty & students on designing and creating multimedia projects.
- Video & Podcast Production:
- Work with faculty and campus associations to create digital video and podcast projects for a variety of purposes.