ULM Diversity Committee Objectives
GOAL: Improve relations throughout the university community and interrelationships of the
ULM with its surrounding external community by a dynamic inclusion of and respect
for all diverse individuals and groups
Objective 1: Explore and adopt strategies to inform the ULM family about Diversity.
- Learn more about the demographics of campus students, faculty, and staff.
- Examine and explore from SACS report, Fisher report, ULM Recruitment and Retention
Plan and Institutional Research to re-emphasize the issues of diverse populations.
- Find best practices among other universities with well-established Diversity awareness
- Adapt best practices for institutionalizing a matter-of-fact awareness and acceptance
of —even an expectation for—diverse persons and groups within the ULM family.
- Inform the President about Diversity issues on the ULM campus and effective strategies
identified for possible adoption.
Objective 2: Gather, explore, adopt, and implement strategies to teach about and to celebrate
all forms of Diversity.
- Identify methods of celebration within established and emerging student, faculty,
and staff groups.
- Institute calendar with a complete and routine public relations strategy of celebratory
Objective 3: Exemplify positive aspects of Diversity awareness and action in a university setting.
- Establish a central repository of information to be staffed by appropriately diverse
faculty, staff, and student workers.
- Define goals, objectives, activities and timeline toward a comprehensive research-based
evaluation plan for the Office.
- Interface with northeast Louisiana community groups and formal organizations and other
universities to gain and share resources for purposes of encouraging a supportive
environment external to the ULM Diversity acceptance goals.