Spring 2016: Office of Public Information
There is an immediate opening for a graduate assistant in media relations. The Office of Public Information is responsible for marketing and communicating the university’s message through media relations, publications, graphic design, marketing services, digital and social media, and the ULM website.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Create, deliver, edit, and optimize all public relations materials
* Research topics, including gathering appropriate documentation, source materials, and interviews
* Write press releases for media outlets
* Deliver university content via LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
* Help facilitate press conferences and ribbon cuttings
* Research media coverage and industry trends
* Work with faculty, staff, and students to develop fresh story ideas
* Provide creative writing skills to enhance marketing initiatives
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
A bachelor’s degree in a communications or related field
is preferred, but candidates from other degree programs may also be considered. The
applicant should have strong verbal and written communication skills, be proficient
in AP style, ability to interact with students, faculty, and staff in a team environment.
Send graduate assistant application, a writing sample, and 3 letters of recommendation to Dr. Brice Jones, Assistant Director of Media Relations, Office of Public Information, Library Suite 211.
Application Materials should be submitted directly to the hiring supervisor for the position you are applying for.
If you have any questions regarding the Graduate Assistant or Work-Study hiring process, please contact 318-342-1037.