Fall 2016: Office of Student Services
The office of Student Services has an immediate opening for a graduate assistant to the Facilities Coordinator. Duties will include but are not limited to; event scheduling for the Student Union Building and Student Center. The Office of Student Services is responsible for scheduling events, set ups, monitoring events, computer and equipment checks, room set ups, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities: Assist the Facilities coordinator with event scheduling,
Set-ups, record keeping and other duties as assigned:
* Checking for events on ATLAS
* Entering events onto EMS
* Checking for paperwork accuracy
* Checking for available dates for requested events
* Computer and AV equipment checks and set ups
* Monitoring events (day, night, and weekends)
* Aiding in the creation of documents and forms
* Opening and closing the SUB and Student Center buildings and rooms
* Checking in on student workers (day, nights, and weekends)
* Keeping event planner book up to date and organized (months/years)
* Phone and email correspondence with event schedulers
* Aiding event leaders with an issues or problems with set ups, computer problems, etc.
* Writing down messages to the SUB/SC Facilities coordinator
* Greeting and helping guests and event schedulers with their needs for their events
* Showing Ballrooms and Student Center rooms to potential event schedulers
* Sending confirmation emails on events
* Heavy lifting may be required at times.
Send a completed graduate assistant application and three recommendation letter forms to Pamela Jackson, Dean of Students, Office of Student Services, room 239 or electronically
Fall 2016: Office of Public Information
There is an immediate opening for a graduate assistant in media relations. The Office of Public Information is responsible for marketing and communicating the university’s message through media relations, publications, graphic design, marketing services, digital and social media, and the ULM website.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Create, deliver, edit, and optimize all public relations materials
* Research topics, including gathering appropriate documentation, source materials, and interviews
* Write press releases for media outlets
* Deliver university content via LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
* Help facilitate press conferences and ribbon cuttings
* Research media coverage and industry trends
* Work with faculty, staff, and students to develop fresh story ideas
* Provide creative writing skills to enhance marketing initiatives
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
A bachelor’s degree in a communications or related field
is preferred, but candidates from other degree programs may also be considered. The
applicant should have strong verbal and written communication skills, be proficient
in AP style, ability to interact with students, faculty, and staff in a team environment.
Send graduate assistant application, a writing sample, and 3 letters of recommendation to Dr. Brice Jones, Assistant Director of Media Relations, Office of Public Information, Library Suite 211.
Application Materials should be submitted directly to the hiring supervisor for the position you are applying for.
If you have any questions regarding the Graduate Assistant or Work-Study hiring process, please contact 318-342-1037.