Minutes of CAC Meeting
September 17, 2008
Presiding: Dr. Denny Ryman
Recording: Beverly Jarrell
The College Administrative Council met in the Dean’s Conference Room from 3: 30 to 4:20. Dr. Ryman called the meeting to order.
In attendance: Dr. Denny Ryman, Dr. Paxton Oliver, Ms Emily Doughty, Mr. Brett Bennett, Ms Donna Eichhorn, Ms. Debbie Wisenor, Dr. Jessica Dolecheck and Ms.
Absent but excused: Dr. Judy Fellows, Dr. Florencetta Gibson, and Dr. Johanna Boult.
· The adjuster visited the building
· They are shooting for entry in late Spring
· State covering the expenses
· The Nursing Skills and Sims Labs will be housed in Sandal
· Hoping to keep this space for Nursing in the future
· Planning to form a College Wide Committee to plan for moving back in an orderly transition.
· Dean will have all new committee members. Criteria will have more detail and the award will not be given if criteria are not adhered to. There will be one Outstanding Professor awarded for each College. Arts and Science will have two. There will be significant monetary funds provided and the recipient will have a special parking spot.
Requests for Instruments, Hardware and Equipment:
By the end of the month all Department Heads should
submit a list of needed instruments, hardware and/or equipment. Keep the cost
of this list under $100.000.
· Office furniture will be new in the renovated nursing building. In the next month we need a plan. All furniture should be consistent.
Should masks be used when entering the
Equipment in the
Need to keep equipment left in the
Dr. Jessica Dolecheck:
Some students are not participating in on-line courses. These are eight week
courses. Some are not taking quizzes. The inactivity must be defined.
The Dental Hygiene students will be participating in a health fair at the main
post office on Highway 165 on Thursday. September 18.
The senior students are making up the clinics on Friday afternoon, September 12,
and Friday afternoon September 19 for times missed during the hurricane.
Dean Ryman will be meeting with Dr. Kirt Touchstone, the President of the Fifth
District Dental Society, on Thursday, September 18. Dean Ryman is hoping to
arrange a meeting with the Dental Society to discuss the mobile unit and to
encourage the dentists to support the unit financially.
All is going well in the Occupational Therapy Department
All is well in the Nursing Department. Jean Parker was a lifesaver helping
with the relocation. There is no place to put the furniture from the Nursing
Good News!! The
The College has won this award for many years. There were 202 students and
The Department is doing o.k. and adjusting to the lab in Sugar 201. They are
in the middle of their interviews for Clinicals.
Faculty have all moved into to Hanna Hall.
The hospitals are helping with labs. They are not designed for teaching because they
are small labs but they are “making do”.
Next year they are planning to
have an experimentation lab for juniors. Maybe they will get back to their lab
They are working on the Ultrasound Program
Dr Paxton Oliver:
The Tumor Registry Department will be moving to the second floor of Sugar Hall.
are dually enrolled at community colleges and
summed. It the total hours jointly taken are over 18 credit hours, they will show up
as overload students and must see the Associate Dean.