Freshman, Transfer or Graduate Student?
You are . . .
. . . an Incoming Freshman if you are an international student who has:
- completed a secondary program comparable to a U.S. high school graduation with a minimum
- demonstrated an English proficiency (TOEFL=61 Internet=173 computer or 500 paper test,
IELTS=5.5) or language of instruction in English
- have minimum SAT scores of 450 (ACT score of 18) in English or SAT score of 460 (ACT
score of 19) in Math
- have an SAT 980 (ACT score of 21) in Critical Reading and Math if GPA is less than
- have a statement of Sponsor's Financial Backing and Understanding (also signed by
and sponsor's bank statement.
. . . a Transfer Student if you are an international student who has:
- completed an associate degree or a minimum of 18 credit hours and 2.5 GPA from an
- completed a college-level math course
- have demonstrated English proficiency.
All students are encouraged to apply for admission even if they do not meet the above
criteria. Such applications will be reviewed on an individual basis and evaluated
to determine the likelihood of success at ULM.
. . . a Graduate Student if you are an international student who has earned a baccalaureate degree.
Please visit ULM's Graduate School Web site if you are interested in ULM's Master and Doctoral programs.