ULM logo
resources, links & information
eULM Students

Submit a Complaint

The University of Louisiana Monroe (ULM) encourages students attempting to resolve issues or complaints to use the Student Complaint Policy found in the ULM Student Policy Manual.

If you are an out-of-state student taking online courses and an issue cannot be resolved after filing a complaint with the university, you may file a complaint or grievance about the University of Louisiana Monroe with your state of residence. If you live outside of Louisiana in a state currently participating in state authorization reciprocity agreements (NC-SARA) and you are unable to resolve a complaint with the University of Louisiana Monroe, you may appeal to the Louisiana Board of Regents.

To find out whether the state you reside in is a SARA state, please visit the National Council for SARA website at www.nc-sara.org

To learn more about the Louisiana Board of Regents complaint process and form, visit the Board of Regents website at regents.louisiana.gov/utility-navigation/students/

Most states require that you begin the complaint process at the university before taking further action. 

If you have any questions about the Student Complaint Policy, please contact Jessica McKee Griggs at mckee@ulm.edu.

If your institute does not participate in SARA, click on the agency name to learn more about the student complaint process in your state. 

California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education

Connecticut Board of Regents for Higher Education

The Delaware Department of Education

District of Columbia Office of the State Superintendent of Education Licensure Commission

Florida Department of Education Commission for Independent Education

Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs/Hawaii Post-secondary Education Authorization Program (HPEAP)

Kansas Board of Regents

Massachusetts Department of Higher Ed

New Jersey Office of the Secretary of Higher Education

New York State Education Department, Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision

The University of North Carolina Board of Governors

If the complaint cannot be resolved after exhausting the institution’s grievance procedure, the individual may file a complaint with the following office:
Post-Secondary Education Complaints
c/o Assistant Director of Licensure and Workforce Studies
University of North Carolina General Administration
910 Raleigh Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Telephone (919) 962-4558
The individual may contact UNC General Administration for further details.

Pennsylvania Department of Education

South Carolina Commission on Higher Education

Utah Division of Consumer Protection