If You See Something, Say Something!
If you see something suspicious, tell someone! To submit anonymous information to ULM Police click here.
The safety of all members of the ULM community is of utmost importance to us, and for that reason we are asking everyone to come together and look out for each other.
If you witness any suspicious behavior, we ask that you report it immediately to a supervisor, a University official, or the ULM Police Department at 318-342-5350. We also recommend that you program this number into your mobile phone for easy access in case of an emergency.
Suspicious behavior or circumstances can include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Anyone forcibly entering a car or home
- Someone tampering with property
- Strangers loitering or entering rooms, offices, or labs with no apparent legitimate cause
- Someone carrying a weapon
- Strange vehicles parked in your area
- Any behavior that is out of character on a college campus
- Packages left unattended
- Suspicious or noxious odors
If you are unsure, call ULMPD—a false alarm is always better than a crime that could have been prevented.
For more information, go to http://www.nationalterroralert.com/suspicious-activity.
The “If You See Something, Say Something” public awareness campaign was created by the Department of Homeland Security to raise public awareness of indicators of potential terrorist and other criminal activities, and to emphasize the importance of reporting suspicious activity to the authorities