For Current ULM Students With Scholarship Awards
A scholarship recipient who needs to drop a course should first meet with their academic advisor.
Students receiving ULM Academic Scholarships must meet the following criteria to maintain their award:
- Earn a minimum of 30 credit hours during each academic year, defined as all terms
from Fall through Summer within an academic year, August through July.
- Be continuously enrolled each Fall and Spring semester.
- Successfully complete a minimum of 12 credit hours each Fall and Spring semester.
(Note: 30 credit hours are required for the academic year.)
- Maintain a 3.0 Fall and Spring semester grade point average.
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
- First-Time Freshmen may use 6 hours of Dual Enrollment or Collegiate credit in order
to satisfy the 30-hour requirement during their freshmen year only. Full-time status (12 hours) must be maintained for the Fall and Spring semesters
regardless of the amount of Dual Enrollment or Collegiate credits earned. (AP, credit
by exam, and CLEP credit cannot be used to satisfy the 30-hour requirement.)
- Courses taken at other institutions to satisfy the 30-hour credit requirements must
have prior approval by the Scholarship Office.
- Louisiana TOPS scholarship requirements are different from Academic Scholarships awarded
by ULM. Please see our TOPS FAQ page for these requirements.
Students are encouraged to use Wintersession and Summer terms to fulfill the 30-hour
rule. Earning 30 credit hours each academic year at the awarding institution is the responsibility
of the student.
Appealing your Scholarship Award
It is the student's responsibility to ensure at the conclusion of each semester that
renewal requirements have been met.
The academic records of all students receiving scholarships are reviewed by the Scholarship
Office once grades are posted. Students who do not meet the eligibility criteria will
have their awards cancelled for all future terms.
Students whose award is cancelled will receive a notification letter with a link to
the appeal form. Those who believe they meet the appeal criteria may submit the form
to the Scholarship Appeals Committee in care of the Scholarship Office located in
Sandel Hall. The Scholarships Office Mailing address: 700 University Avenue, Monroe
NOTE: Any supporting documentation should be faxed to 318-342-3553.
(Click here for the Scholarship Appeal Request Form)