When you need help searching for books or articles, formatting your bibliography,
or tracking down information, the Reference Desk is the place to go. It is on your left as you enter the Library, staffed by degreed
librarians eager to help you.
If you need research help and you're not in the Library, you can also call us at (318)
342-1071 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can email us instantly using this form also.
Your Subject Librarians (or Liaisons)
Need a librarian to teach your class about using the library? Not sure who you should
consult for research help for a specific discipline? The reference librarians can
help. Here is a list of what they can do and who to contact.
Subject liaisons can:
- Receive recommendations for purchases - books, periodicals, or electronic resources
(such as databases)
- Conduct tours of the library
- Conduct bibliographic instruction (sometimes called “library sessions”) for classes.
These classes can be tailored to specific assignments or classes, or can be overviews
of the Library’s resources
- Help develop research assignments
- Assist with and collaborate on research
Every department on campus has a subject librarian – check the list below to see who
is and how to contact your librarian, or click here to browse by subject. Feel free to contact us. If you're unsure who to ask, just Ask A Librarian.
- Carita Alexander, Allied Health & Pharmacy Librarian: Speech-Language Pathology, Dental Hygiene, Health Sciences, Nursing, Occupational
Therapy, Pharmacy, Radiologic Technology, Medical Laboratory Science, and Toxicology
- Megan Lowe: Art, Communication Studies, Dance, English, Kinesiology, Marriage & Family Therapy,
Music, Psychology, and Theatre
- Karen Niemla: Accounting, Business, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Economics,
Entrepreneurship, Finance, General Business, Insurance, and Management
- Heather Pilcher: Agriculture, Construction, Criminal Justice, Family & Consumer Sciences, Gerontology,
History, Political Science, Sociology, and Social Work
- Cyndy Robertson: Curriculum & Instruction and Educational Leadership & Counseling
- Maren Williams: Atmospheric Sciences, Aviation, Biology, Chemistry, Foreign Languages, Geosciences,
Mathematics, and Physics