When you need help searching for books or articles, formatting your bibliography,
or tracking down information, the Reference Desk is the place to go. It is on your left as you enter the Library, staffed by degreed
librarians eager to help you.
If you need research help and you're not in the Library, you can also call us at (318)
342-1071 or email us at email@example.com. You can email us instantly using this form also.
Your Subject Librarians (or Liaisons)
Need a librarian to teach your class about using the library? Not sure who you should
consult for research help for a specific discipline? The reference librarians can
help. Here is a list of what they can do and who to contact.
Subject liaisons can:
- Receive recommendations for purchases - books, periodicals, or electronic resources
(such as databases)
- Conduct tours of the library
- Conduct bibliographic instruction (sometimes called “library sessions”) for classes.
These classes can be tailored to specific assignments or classes, or can be overviews
of the Library’s resources
- Help develop research assignments
- Assist with and collaborate on research
Every department on campus has a subject librarian – check the list below to see who
is and how to contact your librarian, or click here to browse by subject. Feel free to contact us. If you're unsure who to ask, just Ask A Librarian.
- Megan Lowe: Visual and Performing Arts (Art, Dance, Music), Communications, English
- Karen Niemla, Allied Health & Pharmacy Librarian: Speech-Language Pathology, Dental Hygiene, Health Sciences, Marriage & Family Therapy,
Counseling, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Pharmacy, Radiologic Technology, Medical
Laboratory Science, and Toxicology
- Heather Pilcher: School of Behavioral and Social Sciences, including: history, criminal justice,
political science, psychology, and social work
- Maren Williams: World Languages, School of Education, and School of Sciences, including: education,
chemistry, geography, geology, physics, atmospheric science, biology, and mathematics
- Rebecca Yantis: School of Accounting, Financial & Information Sciences, School of Construction Management,
and School of Management, including: accounting, computer information systems (CIS),
computer science, finance, construction management, agribusiness, aviation, business
administration, management, marketing, and risk management and insurance