Louisiana High School Online Technology Challenge Team Registration 2014
|Your high school's designated Team Coach can click on this link to register electronically for the February 26, 2014 Technology Challenge! (Instructions are provided.) |
The deadline for team registration for the 8th annual Louisiana High School Online Technology Challenge (2014) event is Thursday, midnight, February 20, 2014. Team registration is free due to sponsorship.
1. The first 50 registered high school teams will get complimentary T-shirts. So, register your team early!
2. Registration is LIMITED to the first 100 registered high school teams. Registration is free.
Team Coach Checklist
1. The principal of any Louisiana high school designates a Team Coach to select a team of up to 15 high school students.
Team Coach must be an administrator, teacher, or staff
member of the school who has an active school email
3. The Team Coach completes the free registration of
the team by sending the application form electronically before the designated deadline.
4. The Team Coach reserves a school
computer lab with Internet access for the
day of the competition and ensures that participating registered students are excused from classes, just as
they would be if they were to participate in a field trip.
5. As Team Coach, please ensure that you can communicate by email from email originating from ulm.edu
(the domain used by the University of Louisiana at
Monroe). In some cases, in past competitions, email access
was blocked at some high schools. Contacting your network administrator
can easily remedy this unlikely situation.
6. Check email regularly.
7. Whenever possible, please use email for communication.
Upon completion of the Technology Challenge, please complete the online evaluation
survey of this event; this should take just a
For the sake of fairness, the online Technology Challenge has a strict
time limit. The Technology Challenge is scheduled during the morning of the day of the Challenge. Competition
files may be accessed from a password-protected online team
account by 8:00 AM of that day with a completion deadline by 11:59 AM. There is a stiff
penalty for late submissions; so, be sure that your team's files are "uploaded" well before the
deadline. Complete directions for uploading your team's files will be provided.
You should know that the most common "key characteristic for success"
reported by previous winning teams of the Technology Challenge
Hopefully, your team will focus on this as well.