Scholarships for Freshmen
Freshman Academic Scholarships for Academic Year 2017-2018
Your undergraduate application for admission also serves as your scholarship application
to ULM. Please note that in order for you to be eligible for a ULM Academic Scholarship:
1. your undergraduate admission application must be received by our January 18, 2017
2. Louisiana residents must submit their ACT Scores by February 24, 2017;
3. non-Louisiana students must submit their ACT scores and their high school transcripts
by February 24, 2017.
The following information reflects the yearly scholarship award a student may qualify
+Study Abroad +iPad
Priority Application Deadline: January 18, 2017 • ACT/SAT Test Date Deadline: December 2016 Test Date
To see how your SAT score will convert to ACT, see the ACT/SAT Conversion Chart.
To be considered, applicants must:
- be a first time Freshman in the fall immediately following graduation from high school
(Exception: Early high school graduates may be eligible. Please contact the ULM Scholarship
Office at 318-342-5341.)
- apply for admission by the deadline for priority consideration
- have scores submitted directly to ULM from ACT (ULM Code 1598) or SAT (ULM Code 6482)
- qualify with 6-semester GPA. Deadline date submission of GPA to ULM for Award Year
2017-2018 to be determined.
- earn minimum ACT/SAT qualifying score by the December 2016 test date. Deadline date
submission of ACT/SAT scores to ULM for Award Year 2017-2018 to be determined.
Other important information:
- Academic scholarships are awarded for eight semesters or until graduation, whichever
comes first, and provided all specified retention criteria are met.
- Housing awards are ONLY available to qualified students who will be living on campus. Housing deposits are
NOT included in the scholarship award. To apply for housing, visit ulm.edu/reslife
- The signed scholarship contract is not an official commitment to ULM, and the offer
is only valid if the student enrolls at ULM beginning with the Fall 2017 semester.
If the student chooses not to accept the academic award(s), then the award(s) will
be forfeited for all future semesters. Please contact ULM at 318-342-5321 or firstname.lastname@example.org of your decision not to attend.
- If a student’s total financial aid and scholarships exceed the federally mandated
cost of attendance, his/her aid will be reduced (adjusted) by the amount exceeding
the cost of attendance as follows: federal loan aid; institutional and other aid
according to institutional practice; and State Scholarships and Grants (including
TOPS if applicable).